This phrase makes me light up with joy and electricity! Think about it-how wonderful it is that we live in a world where we can do what we love and be ourselves, and turn that into businesses! Insane. I’ve put together some of the key points of this week’s episode - read through them and then watch the video to go more in depth.
- Now -right now- is the perfect time to turn your creative brilliance into a business. The gatekeepers that once guarded artistic ventures like book writing, album recording, and website creating don’t exist anymore. There’s nobody telling you that you can’t publish your work, and there’s almost zero overhead for all this. Take advantage of this!
- Not only is there nobody telling you what you can and can’t do, the internet is full of people who want to share their secrets with you. This makes you limitless-you can learn whatever you want, and usually for free. Don’t let “But I don’t know how” be an excuse for anything in your life. Look it up.
- Yes - there are a lot of people “cluttering up the marketplace”. Let this fuel you; you are going to need to be unique to cut through the noise. You have a point of difference, a unique way of looking at the world. Capitalize on that and let it set you apart from the noise.
- Keep track of what lights you up, collect inspirations, be on the look out for people who make you go “Oh my god-yes-they’re doing what I want to be doing”. And take all those unique passions and brainstorm how to turn that into a money making machine.
- Consider making up a career. Just because no one else has combined your five favorite things into a career doesn’t mean you can’t. Be the first, others will follow.
What is your dream career? Does it exist yet? Let me know in the comments below!